Our Harvest Tour is a one of a kind opportunity to sit down and talk with the generous and hospitable owners, wine makers and local producers in their cellars, houses, restaurants, shops and mills. A special invitation into peoples’ place of work & passion that focuses on the history, wine making traditions and culinary magic of these countries.
And there’s no better time of year to immerse in this culinary utopia than the harvest season. Most of the tourists have gone home, the leaves are turning color, vineyards are being harvested and the smell of wood stoves and heavenly aromas float through the cool air. This unique tour features a variety of home-cooked dinners, a few very special five-course meals, strolls in the beautiful wine country, ten wine tastings and an array of other tastings including honey, olive oil, jams, fruits and truffles.
Nearly two weeks of stimulating your taste buds can be a bit much. That’s why we’re leaving time for curious guests to back away from the kitchen table and go explore castles, stroll through old Venetian towns, discover colorful frescoes in tiny churches and make a personal connection between the food, the land and its people. Like with our other tours, a maximum group size of ten guests lends itself to a more intimate travel experience served up with a genuine, personal touch..
We have enjoyed our small groups so much that we will continue to keep numbers low and personal attention high. This tour will have a maximum of 12.
Tour leader Andrew and Miha.
Sign up for this tour by clicking the Book Now button
• Engaging on a personal level with local wine makers in six different micro regions
• Getting your shoes dirty in the forests as you follow truffle-hunting dogs for your next meal
• Indulging your sweet tooth with Slovenian ‘potica’ cakes, honey ice cream and hand made chocolate truffles
• Enjoying the secluded view down to the Adriatic Sea from your hotel and Michelin starred restaurant
• Savoring gourmet goat cheeses, olive oils, prosciutto and handmade pasta in Croatia’s Istria gourmet region
• Soaking in the atmosphere at a converted 13th century chateau with sparkling wine tastings
• Discovering the nutty flavor of pumpkin seed oil and other local treats off the beaten path in eastern Slovenia’s eastern ‘chicken-head’ region
• Getting more than your fill of traditional home-cooked meals and local spirits at rustic, countryside eateries
Join us on an adventure in Hungary & Northern Croatia!
Experience, taste and discover the wine and culinary traditions from two Central European countries that should be high on any foodies’ list’ Hungary and Croatia. This is a 10 day small-group tour starts in Hungary before heading to Croatia. Along the way we will experience a variety of terroirs, taste dozens of different wines, nosh on an array of local dishes and flavors and meet the hospitable and passionate people who make all of this happen.